I love to refer to my littlest chicklet as Sweetly Sinister Sophia. The moniker fits her perfectly. She can be cuddly one moment, prickly the next. Snuggly, then rough. Give kisses, then kick you in the shin.
Since she’s a red belt in karate and nearing her black belt, most of her favorite things are ninja-related. I’m not mad; I’ve got a kid who can take down boys twice her size and age. Her high school years should be a breeze for us (yeah, right).
Sophie is a rambunctious nine-year-old, rarely sitting still longer than the time it takes to wolf down a bowl of mac & beans.
Sophie’s tender moments sneak up on you. She cries real tears when Gabriella leaves Troy in High School Musical 3. She texts me love notes when she’s been away at her Nana’s house one night too many. She loves her big sister more than anything, even when she’s tackling her to the ground.
She’s a sassy little girl who wants “dollars” for her birthday, and can do more sit-ups and push-ups than her dad (they’ve checked). I’m so proud of how much she’s grown and the young lady she’s turning into.
So, without further ado, here’s the shortlist of her favorite things right now.
1. Fitbit Flex. Because Sophia is an active girl, and she loves to compete with her sister and cousin to see who takes the most steps in a day.
2. Kid Kick Wavemaster Training Bag. Because then she doesn’t have to practice karate on her father.
3. Playmation Marvel Avengers Repulsor Gear. Because this is the coolest toy. Sophia straps on the Iron Man repulsor and the game gives her imaginary targets to aim for. It’s interactive and exciting. And best off all, it has nothing to do with a TV.
4. Ninja Girl Party Supplies. Because no karate kid should throw a party without Ninja Girl Party Supplies.
5. Sunglasses Emoji Pillow. Because it’s what all the cool kids are sleeping on.
6. Shakespeare Quote Wall Decal. Because she’s smart and sassy. Wall decals seem to be all the rage these days. There are so many options that you can find one that describes your kid perfectly.